Display Advertising Sales Based on RTB will Experience Strong Growth Until 2015 in Europe
According to IDC forecast, by 2015, Real-Time-Bidding (RTB) sales will quadruple from 2011 levels in the UK and quintuple in Germany and France.
The study highlights that the main driver of this development is an improvement in ROI for both publishers and advertisers:
• Industry executives at both publishers and ad agencies reported an increase in CPM between 15% and 300% depending on the campaign.
• Agencies executives reported improvements in ad effectiveness anywhere between 20% and 150%, depending on the campaign and the KPI employed (CTR, CPA, conversions).
IDC forecasts that RTB-based spending within the display ad segment will grow significantly between 2011 and 2015 and will stand for:
• 27% in the United States in 2015 (up from 10% in 2011)
• 25% in the UK (up from 6%),
• 21% in France (up from 4%),
• 20% in Germany (up from 4%).