Infographic : Mobile Trends 2014
The following infographic from CeBit confirms that mobile devices have truly become an essential part of our everyday life. Indeed, they are connecting hubs for critical facets of everyday life: relationships, shopping activities, searches for information, management of the latest news, on both a professional and personal level.
Here are some highlights from the infographic:
- There are 4 billion mobile phone subscribers.
- For every PC in existence, there are 4 mobile phones.
- 1 out of every 5 people watches TV while searching for products on mobile devices.
- Men spend more money while mobile shopping than women.
- The wearable technology industry is estimated to be a $9.2 billion industry by 2018.
- 70% of mobile phone subscriptions are in emerging markets with the African continent being the fastest growing.
- 55% of people watching TV use a second screen.
- Europe is a pioneer in mobile payments.