Mary Meeker's latest Internet Trends report
Mary Meeker, current partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers and legendary Morgan Stanley internet analyst, has just published her annual Internet trends report. This year’s report underlines important shifts in mobile.
Here are some interesting stats from the KPCB Internet Trends 2014 report:
- Globally, mobile devices now account for 25% of total web usage, up from 14% a year ago.
- Mobile advertising grew 47% in 2013, but that only represents 11% of the total Internet advertising.
- There’s still a large gap between time spent and ad spend by medium. In the U.S., Print publications account for just 5% of consumers’ time but attract 19% of ad spend. Mobile, on the other hand, accounts for 20% of time spent but just 4% of ad spend in the U.S.
- Tablet shipments grew by 52% in 2013, growing faster than PCs ever did.
- Mobile apps account for 68% of mobile revenues in 2013.
- The second screen era is officially here: 66% of U.S. tablet owners and 49% of smartphone users surf the web while watching TV; 44% of tablet users and 24% of smartphone users are shopping.
The full report is available for download here.